Tuesday 17 January 2006

The road taken

Exhausted from waking up late, I sat on the bed with the bladder full. Someone was in the bathroom. I can hear the water running and the fellow coughing badly. He's got the cold alright. Please hurry!

Last night was no fun. I had made an arrangement with Agata to watch a movie. She wanted to see Planfight, while I opt for Geisha. Since the former was not featured in last night's showtimes, and the latter was aired later in the night, we went for The Producers instead.

Seriously, it left a lot to be desired. The jokes are no joke, really. I waaannnaaa be a produuucerrrr. What the heck? I like musical, I go wild with the likes of, well, the famous Grease, Strictly Ballroom, Center Stage, Billy Elliot and of course, Chicago. But this is not going to be listed in my hall of fame. Next time, I'd stick with my choice.

Ohh.. I could hear Kugan, the landlord talking to Heeroy (I'm not even sure that's how I should spell his name). What was he doing here? I'm sure my rent is due tomorrow, not today. I don't feel like seeing his face. Don't get me wrong. Kugan is a nice chap but sometimes he gets on my nerves when he keeps saying the same things over and over. What intrigues me is how he makes his million (I assume he is one)? He has too many properties, and I can prove that because he took me around to several flats scattered in Harrow before I settled for this one.

The other day, a friend texted me 'I nak kaya, I nak kaya'. Babe, I pun nak kaya, but how aah? I know how to work hard, I think I'm honest. I insist on living an ethical life (as ethical as I could). Is that enough to make me rich? Maybe not.

The funny thing is I haven't make my million yet, but it looks like I'm spending the few pennies I've got. I came back from Borders and Currys £100+ poorer. You know the sale is on. However much one wants to deny the shopping pleasure, one will succumb to the trap. These villians won't give you a chance.

I came back with a few books. One is a belated birthday present for a very good friend. I hope she likes it. The others were probably a waste of money. I got one of Nora Roberts and some self help books. I don't know what good they will do to me, but I'm keen to find out.

I wish I'm as rich as Nora. She used to write good stuffs. Or maybe I used to find that her writings about romance, witches and witchcrafts were to my liking, but it could be that I've outgrown them. I used to cry reading her books (silly me), but now it seems like my emotions are detached from my soul. Day by day, I have become a cynic without realizing it. I no longer hold on the romantic stuffs that will take a woman's breath away. I no longer think that there is someone out there who will come to save me from self destruction. (Huh, who am I kidding? I still have hope)

Enough already. This year, without any resolutions, I want to continue living. At the same time, I hope to find other opportunities. I can't be selling ice cream all my life, can I? I have seen quite a bit. I have backpacked and saw what I wanted to see albeit there are still many more to explore.

I will quit whingeing.

I have a bestseller to write. Ahaks.

No comments: