Wednesday 11 January 2006

comfort food

I didn't realise that hari raya is just around the corner until I got text messages from CJ and Haji Malim. Al maklum lah busy unpacking lagi and makan pun tak teratoq.

Before I left home, I wanted to feel good and look good because nak jumpa semua org. Hehe... teruk kan my reason for losing weight? I was at my heaviest weight in Dec 2004 and I felt really horrible. But because I had the trip to look forward to, I pushed myself and managed to lose 11kg. What an achievement! The best I had so far. I think PS and CJ oso jeles sekejap when they first saw me. Hehe.. perasan la aku ni. Ahaks.

A few days ago, I weigh myself and holycow! I gained 5 kilos. Mak aiii... That must have been because of the raya, dinners, parties and late night suppers I had every single night. Mana tak ya. Melantak tak ingat dunia. Gany Char Koay Teow, Naili's, Nasik Lemak Mali, Satay Kajang, Sup Salak South, Tanjung Puteri, Anwar Seafood (waahhh.. lidah masak merah dia kaw giler) Thai this thai that. Adoi, semuanya sedap (tak sedap tak main la)

I haven't had a sensible eating pattern nor do I eat healthy food since I've been back either. Kebabs la, fried rice lah. Aiyo. I'm gonna be dead before summer gets here. Funny enough when I went to one kebab takeaway, a Turkish guy invited me to go for a drink with him tonight at a pub near the flat. Told him I don't drink and he said I could have juice. Heh. Macam-macam.

Anyway, I stocked up with the healthy options. Let's hope I stick to it again. While everyone's having rendang, ketupat, nasi tomato and ayam merah, please remember I only have salmon, veg, tuna and maggi at home.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha

No comments: