Tuesday 10 January 2006

The curse of haunted places

As everything gets back to almost normal, I had some times to reflect on the past years. I looked at where I've been and how many times I've moved since I left home when I was 18.

There is something you need to know, then you will understand my need to feel settled.

In the last 14 years, I have moved 21 times. Gila! I can't believe the figures myself. It showed how unsettled I was. I admit there were times I had to move under some circumstances that I had no control and couldn't change. But still... aiyoooo.

Let's see.

June 1992 - College
Dec 1992 - moved to Subang Jaya
June 1993 - Block 4, Shah Alam
Nov 1993 - Block 2
April 1994 - Block 9
Dec 1994 - Block 6
July 1995 - Block 3
Jan 1996 - U Place
June 1996 - Lawrence Place
May 1997 - St. Louis
Aug 1997 - 5th Street
Feb 1998 - Pandan Indah
April 1998 - Sentul
Aug 1999 - Bukit Puchong
Nov 2001 - Putra Perdana
Apr 2002 - Skipton, Yorkshire
Oct 2002 - Putra Perdana
Apr 2003 - Skipton
June 2003 - Ruislip
Oct 2004 - Cricklewood
Apr 2005 - Willesden Green
Jan 2006 - Harrow

The only year I didn't move is 2000. hhmmmm... penat tau pindah randah like this. Especially this recent move. Can you imagine someone being kicked out from the flat in just a few hours? Now imagine this. I was being kicked out of the flat when I was in KL, at a party with Dina. All done through phone.

If it wasn't for Maury, Luca and Dave, my things would have been left at that place with that bloody landlord. I was lucky though because I already packed quite a lot of stuffs when I sublet the room. As for Marcin and Agata, all they care were themselves. She said if it was up to her, she wouldn't even bother with the little things I have. These are the people I know since I first got here, and I have helped them through some of their tough time and that was what they said to me? How selfish can one be?

I have to remind myself from now on that they are not my friends anymore. They are just people I can go have a drink with from time to time but not the ones I can rely on. I don't hate them but I am very disappointed.

p/s: If I couldn't commit to a place, how the hell can I commit to a relationship?

No comments: