Wednesday 27 September 2006

A Little Observation

Let's see, I've been staying in central London for slightly more than 2 months.

I can't deny that everything is just around the corner. The cinema is just 20 minutes away (during peak times, walking will get you there faster than taking a bus). I can get to the park even before you finish saying jump. Hehe, just kidding. It's still very close by.

For groceries, Sainsbury's, M&S and Tesco is less than 5 minutes walk. For Malaysian foods, it's just 30 seconds away :) What more do I want, right?

When I moved here, I thought it is just a temporary measure because I was desperate to find a shelter. But after having a little discussion with my other half (not my man duh), I might decide to stay here longer. It's all due to it's great location.

The people who lived here, however, are much to be desired.

Let me tell you about one Malay boy. I don't know his name but he works at one of the Malaysian restaurants in London. He has piercings at the end of one of his eyebrows. Also, he's got his tongue pierced.

I have nothing against people who have face accessories, if I may call it. I even thought of getting my eyebrow pierced when I was a rebel (with a cause, of course), but decided against it after I chickened out. Well, I'm not going to talk about his interests in body piercing. What I want to say is I find it really sad when I heard him talking.

He's trying so hard to blend in with the matsalehs that he forgotten one basic rule. Never forget your manner. He is the most kurang ajar boy I ever met here. I can't believe my ears when I heard him swears at The Black Widow. He hurls the word 'babi' and swear words easily, not caring that she's older than him. In front of The Old Pervert, tunjuk baik benar and pijak semut pun tak mati, but behind him, he calls him names. Sedih I tengok budak ni. But salah siapa? The parents for not teaching him well, or him?

Then there's The Old Pervert. His daughters are all grown up and the wife is quite pretty, but he is still looking for a second wife. His reason is that he wants a son. I don't quite understand these kind of people. There must be a reason why God didn't give them sons. He may want them to jaga and teach their daughters well instead.

My informer told me that The Old Pervert has asked her to marry him, but before that he wanted to have sex with her. You know, like the kind of things you buy at shop, try before you buy. Ada ke? What kind of short twisted mentality is that? Orang tua gatal.

Another guy, let's call him The Chef, is also pursuing The Black Widow, but he's more subtle than The Old Pervert. He uses kind words and romances to bring her fences down. He gives her flowers and cooks special dishes for her. To her, he was just a friend and kekadang she rimas with his advances but he never got the hint. I saw the text to her saying that one day they'll be together.

Someone warned The Chef's wife about him coming home late and put the blame to The Black Widow. They have assumed that The Black Widow is trying to 'rampas laki orang' as the Malays would put it. How sad. The woman in question does nothing, it's the man that have the itching between his legs, but weehoo... it's the woman who is the slut. How totally unfair.

There's a lot I can learn just looking at them. I hope that one day they will change, but that is wishful thinking. I don't want to end up being bitter, assuming and nasty like these people because I know I am better than the rest of them.

No comments: