Thursday 14 September 2006

Can I? Can I? Please?

Currently, I have a few questions playing in my mind. Questions that do not really require an answer because it's more like me poking at an issue that is not an issue.

Is it just me or you feel it too?

Ok. So here's one issue that I have no business questioning. When you meet your friends or relatives, you give them a kiss (or tripple kisses) on the cheeks. What is the significant of that kisses? How many times do we have to errr... blow? Do we actually just pressing our cheeks and blow the kiss to the air?

I honestly feel that there's nothing to it. It feels like it is all false and pretending.

Personally, I didn't feel it does anything to me. I prefer the back slapping real bear hug to show that I really miss them and I appreciate them for whatever, ie for coming to meet me, or for just being there. It gives me a sense of belonging and closeness between two people. Hug like you really mean it.

I have been observing that when people become close, they take hugging for granted. We say goodnight to each other while we walk up the stairs or while we watch the telly. We didn't take time to stop doing what we were doing, look at the other person in the eyes, say what needed to be said and mean it.

We hardly ever show affection. I, myself admit that I have problem looking straight in the eyes, but that doesn't mean that I do not care. I am shy what. No. The real reason is that I do not want people to misunderstand the affection that I want to show for something else.

Heh. I am very affectionate babeh :)

Can I have a hug?

No comments: