Friday 2 December 2005

why i would die for my friends?

Sometimes I wonder how does it feel to live the life of a socialite. What time do they wake up? What they do since they're not busting their arses working. When their night ends? What's in their minds?

My guess is probably thinking about ways to spend more money. Outdo each other.

What to wear? Ohhhh... Gucci izzit?

Where to dine? To see and to be seen.

Gossip, scandal and bitching. They know it all.

Tak penat ke?

Do they really have friends in the circle? Friends who will stand by you by hook or by crook.

1. I have a friend whom I had known since I was 5. We went to the same schools, college and uni. We lived together for a while. Though we seldom see each other, but I know she's there. My mum was her mum's good friend. Our fathers bonded like brothers. And when my mum died, her's did her best to help me leave the country. I went to see them few weeks ago. Her father is now half deaf but her mum is still beautiful. They still treat me like a child they knew back then and for a while, I felt I was loved again.

2. There was a friend who had been my back bone for the last few years for without her, I wouldn't survive. A friend, who crossed every boundary, any obstacles; who would help no matter what situation I was in. Whose family accepted and love me like their own. She is a sister and a friend rolled into one. There's no other like her.

3. One good friend's wise advice is a sooth to the ears, and that's what make me realised I had a gem in my circle. What I love about her is that she doesn't care what others think. She is honest to the point of being brutal. She will poke at logic and rationale and make you eat your words, but deep down I know she cares and loves me enough to see that I don't do myself any harms.

4. Then, there were new friends whom I met in the past few months. Sometimes, just by listening and reading, you know what kind of person they are and whether they are worth your time. Every time you find out something about them, you broaden your horizon. New friends who share your likes and dislikes, suffer the same loss, hold the same values and dream for almost heaven. Every single moment spent with them I consider a pool of wealth. I am lucky to have discovered great, smart and beautiful people. If I could, I want to frame them for I am scared they will leave so soon.

I am a peasant. I only have friends and not pots of gold.

No comments: