Tuesday 13 December 2005

when we were young...

I went home to see the family for the last time.

Sis in law, Ky picked me up from the airport, and my nieces and nephews, as always, were ecstatic to see me home. I have no shame to say that I am their favorite aunt. Hehehe... The one and only who manja all 13 of them.

However, Saturday nite was spent with friends. Initially, we plan to go to Padang Besar in the morning. I don't really have anything I want to get and because my flight was delayed, they left without me. Over dinner, Derk and Kec were telling me about the sceneries near ladang tebu in Chuping.

"Betul Wok, lawa giler. Aku tak sangka Perlis ada gak tempat cam ni"

"Tak yah gi overseas. Macam kat Queensland, and you have to see the oasis," according to Kec.

They showed a few pictures taken with their phones, and I have to admit that that pique me more. Obviously, I had to see this place so I pursuaded them to take me there.

Unlike me, my friends cannot go out so freely, be it during the day or night. They have inquisitive mothers who would screen every movement even though they're already married, especially Kec. Sometimes we laughed over this because she feels like she's still a kid instead of a woman in her 30s. Her mom wanted to see me but I avoided her because I know she would ask me to come home and be a teacher, just like her 3 daughters. No, thank you mam! And Derk's mom would always say "Tu nak pi tang mana? Nak pi perabih duit lagi lah tu."

Anyway, we managed to arrange for the trip since they kelentong their moms. Hehe.. that's my friends!

We left early Sunday morning and had breakfast on the go. The views are not too bad, but really, the weather didn't help. It was too bright. It would be excellent if we had dark cloud as in pre-rain. However, it was quite a good view at the viewing deck overlooking the sugarcane plantation.

The best thing about the trip is, however, not the sceneries. It is the quality time that we spent together. More like we reconnect all over again and it was so good to laugh ourselves silly. Just like all the fun times we had when we were young and adventurous. Mind you, I am still young and adventurous! But the things we did, we only have the memories to hold on to. Like the time when all 3 of us decided to shave our head, the all-girl fishing trips, the driving classes in the middle of the night and the cycling trips down Katy Trail. Aahhhhh...

It was so good that we decided to drive all the way to Padang Besar and I ended up shopping for the things I don't need. No regrets though. On the way home, I told them we should have a girlie trip every time I come home. It'd be fun, girls!

No comments: