Tuesday 6 December 2005

what a pretty good week!

Since I been back, I've been keeping quite a busy social life. I am not complaining, in fact I am glad to meet friends.

If you know me before, you'd be surprised at this change of personality. I haven't ditch everything. I am still the same Ewok but there's an obvious change. I go out a lot more, I meet more people and make new friends which is good and for the better. Yet, I still believe that I am socially inept.

I go out but I hardly talk. I shy away from attention and I dislike finding out that people read me before though I admit it was very flattering in the beginning. Some of the things that I thought were private, should stay private. I am not ashamed but just... uncomfortable, I would say. Unlike some who like to boost about being pretty or having this and that kind of businesses or thirst for life, I like to remain under the surface. One has to know me in order to get to know me. Geddit?

Anyway, the last few days I have been tagging dz (poor her. she must be bored stiff having the quiet me around) to parties. Aiya.. no shame lah me. On thursday we had dinner at Rasta with Haji Malim and Ms Gymnast. If Haji reads this, I have to say that I still tak puas hati lah Aji. I have to take you out further than TTDI and Bangsar. If I have to drive you, I will. Hehehe...

Before sending me back to my car, Hj and I stopped at her workplace and waaalllaaaa.. I got a free tour of the studios. Thanks ye aji. I hope you got home safely and not sesat after that. Btw, Haji Malim the cat does exist and not just an imagination of the owner.

Since Friday lunch is always longer than usual, I decided to meet old friends at Putrajaya. All of them had something worth complaining. Their bosses, the workload, the unfairness, the cold treatment, their longing and frustrations. I knew it all for I had them once, not too long ago. The massage session I had later turned out to be real good as stress reliever since my back pain has now totally disappeared. Thank goodness for zen.

You know, for a lone ranger like me, having to go to 3 parties on a Saturday is, well, a bit too much. The bbq at Ju's was a success if we judge by how fast the chickens and kebabs were consumed. My dear friend is a good cook. She especially made her famous mee kari for me. Other than that we had pulut kuning, rendang, nasi himpit, cakes and lotsa puddings. All homemade.

With my hair smelling like I just lepas kena salai, I zoomed to dz's for two more parties. For the first time, I met Sharon Bakar and she turned out to be a lovely bubbly woman. I admit I was blur as I sat at a table mostly dominated by either writer or editor.

It's kinda funny when someone thought that dz and I are sisters. (Ewok geleng kepala) Look at me, I'm like a sore thumb whereas she's pretty and slim. Two different looks and we're sisters?! Haha!

The last party was cool. Though my tummy was full, food were absolutely brilliant. I was more the observer (told you I dunno how to talk) and listening to them gays, I find that they are real fun to be with. Hilarious! But hmmm... looking at the gay mags proved to be a waste of time. Where are the men for us, I ask?


Sunday: to be continued..

No comments: