Tuesday 6 December 2005

Sunday bloody sunday....

Sunday was not exactly bloody. It was just to catch your attention. Gotcha!

It was just another fun (?) but certainly interesting day. I had a wedding at noon, tea at 3pm and trip to Singapore at 6pm. See, am I not a good planner?

This wedding will go down as the easiest and the most awkward one I ever attended. Because my friends had hiccups in the morning, I went alone. Also, because of tea I had to go later, I decided not to wear baju kurung and when I mentioned that to a friend, she blasted me for being insensitive. Ya Allah! Itu pun kena aah? I swear to God that wasn't what I had in mind. I guess I wanted to feel comfortable and wearing baju kurung was never a comfortable thing to me what with sweats dripping down my legs. eeeeyyeewwwwwww... Besides I warned the bride about my attire and she said it's fine for her. I took her word just as it is (as I always do), now you know so don't say that you haven't been told.

The little tea party was, errrmm... let's just say you never had one like that before. You know, I had never been asked to be a bodyguard in either in my current or previous life, but last sunday I was one. Yay for me!

As we got there earlier than her date, I can't help but find it funny when dz set up our sitting arrangements. She wanted to be between me and gs, without any space in between for the old gatal man to squeeze in. Hahaha...

The minute the guy walked in, we had bahasa isyarat going, with knowing eyes and smiles. Gs was trying to tell me something but I was blur so most of the times I couldn't read his lips. Saya blur la.

I don't think I was of any helps. While she was drilling the grandpa, I was giggling though I tried very hard to suppress my sengih and to look like I was interested. Especially when she made a comment he was very prolific, thank goodness he didn't quite catch it. Gila ke apa? 10 kids! Eh hello? You talking to a bunch of youngsters (we young what), I am seriously not interested in listening about you and your missing children. Ok lah I should be a little bit compassionate but I guess I was not feeling hospitable towards him. We had enough troubles of our own, thank you.

I noticed he has some kind of air or arrogance in him, maybe because he strike out on his own and is proud of his achievements, but he sure looked gatal with a capital G. Aiyyaaa gelilahh. The way he tucked his shirt, so very old fashioned one. SLK or not, he's definitely out thru the window faster than you can say 'bye'.

Gs, you dare say he fancied me, I kill you!

There were several times when we had awkward silences. I sure dunno what to talk with grandpa. We had nothing in common, hah! But I tell you, he said he was in Kolej Sultan Abdul Hamid. These kolej boys are notorious spoil brats! especially my batch.

After a moment, we ran out of things to say and I needed to be somewhere else, which I think turned out to be a good parting excuse. Dz, my advice to you is never ever reply to anything he send after this. Just ignore him. The grandpa is not worth your time, not even as friend. You're young, carefree and funny, shallow man be him young or old is not for you.

When we walked to the car, I think he did try to catch up with us. Mana tau, kot kot dia ingat he get to be alone with her. Bleeeaaghh!

Luckily the drive down to JB was fine. I don't think I can stand another drama. If everyday like this, I die ooooh.

No comments: