Saturday 10 December 2005

Lesson # 241: Next time, don't assume. Listen and be heard.

Tomorrow, I am off balik kampung again until the 13th. My flight back to the UK is confirmed on the 30th Dec, but I told my family that this will be the last time I'd be back. I simply don't have the strength to go back and forth frequently. And I do feel I want to spend more time here in KL.

Oh! I have yet to write about the first time I saw the whole clan after I came back, without my tudung. Though my sister has seen me without one last April, I didn't know whether she told the bros. I seriously didn't know what to expect.

I can't say that the bros are alim, but they are good practising Muslims. Na, especially, carries out his life ikut sunnah, if he can. He talks about hadis and wears lebai somemore. Initially I thought that he would be the one to strike against me. Or at least he would advise me to reconsider putting it back on. He did neither. He didn't even ask me the reason.

All these while I felt like I couldn't face them. I assume that they would be mad at me, therefore I isolated myself and zipped my lips on this matter. Now I realised it was a wasted effort. They are more understanding, more accommodating and more relaxed than I thought.

No comments: