Thursday 31 March 2005

cornered into making decision

On a gloomy day like today, all I wanted to do was to go back under cover and sleep till noon. Obviously, no chance of doing that. By 8am, I was making toasts and nasi goreng for our breakfast and bekal. There was no way I'm going to stop and have a meal at restaurant as we had a long drive and a lot of places to visit.

As I was munching my first bite of the toast with cream cheese, Aci said, 'You know, I hate to bring this up. Even JavaMan is furious with me for stirring the issue in the first place. However, I have to ask you since there are people who are expecting some answer'.

Oh oh! What this? So, she told me how it started and how I become involved in this situation. And how she got trapped in her own becokness. At least, I knew that my bro-in-law told her to mind her own business, but she being my sister, had to ask me personally. This is the second time she brought this issue up, after almost 3 years.

I laughed after I heard this nonsense question/request. Come on! It's almost like incest.

There I was, writing about dreams and stars, and today I was asked to consider something that wasn't on my list. I'm commitment-phobic and I've been independent for too long. What will happen to my travel plans if I give the much expected answer that will make some people happy? Will I be happy? Do I want to tie myself to a pole? Gosh! Decision has to be made before she leaves.

Please God! I think I know the answer, but what's my excuse? I'm almost 31 and they are folks I know.

No comments: