Wednesday 19 January 2005

9:30 p.m.
Just got back home from the freaking office after more than two hours of driving. Hah! That’s the price to pay when an idiot chose to work for a company far from home, not even in the same town. In fact, in another country for goodness sake. *Sigh*

They kept me waiting again. That’s the game they have been playing with me ever since I know them. This time I waited for two days. Monday was supposed to be the day. Then at midday, they said I would get whatever I’m supposed to get later this afternoon. And later this afternoon, they shrugged and said tomorrow morning. I can’t stand it anymore, you....you worms!

The Boss thinks since we slave for him, he can snap his fingers any time he wants. Doesn’t he know I have planned my time accordingly so I can have fewer headaches? People like him will always use people like me. We, softhearted hobbits, can’t seem to say no to people. And the King Kong will always take advantage and step on our heads till we’re buried six feet under.

I have a big problem saying ‘no’ to anybody. Bigger than the tempayan at my grandmother's house. And when I found the courage to do it, I will feel guilty later on. Idiot!

The Mentor keeps telling me to tell them ‘bugger off’. Of course, she didn’t exactly say that exact words but that’s what she meant. Sometimes I wonder how on earth I managed to come knocking at her door. She is soo classy. She doesn’t speak English jalanan that I am used to and I always picture her in the House of Lords. I guess that's life, huh? Connecting people when we least expect it, or was it Nokia? mmm.. whatever!

Yet, I feel at ease with her for she is an understanding superior. Our communication never breaks down unlike Vodafone, which sometimes has no network service. As I recall I rang her six times throughout the day to keep her informed of the waiting game and to grumble over silly thing The Boss asked me to do.

What do I know about electricity other than it can magically allow me to switch on the heater so I can be warm or get the computer working so I can blog? Other than that, Zilch. But The Boss has gone crazy and asked me to go visit a customer and test his equipment (ehem!). Maybe I should give it a try. If I do it right, I’ll get lucky. If not, I’ll get electrocuted.

After sudah rentung, apparently I must be prepared for a classic Hiroshima nightmare as well. Just as I was leaving The Mentor’s place, she dropped a bombshell. By the end of the year, she will gradually cease to direct our team, which at the moment being her and me.I draw a long sigh. Penat.

No comments: