Saturday 1 January 2005

My First Few Thoughts in 2005

I just came back from a night out and too tired to write long entry. Will tell my new year tales later but for now, this is what I have to say.

Bloody hell! I’m one year older. I love everything about my life but why can’t I just stay 30? It’s not that I’m ashamed of my age but it just feels right.

Gosh! I don’t even have resolutions. I stop making them years ago when I realized that they never materialized anyway. Plus, I forgot about them every time February comes. So, what is the point of thinking and creating one, then agonizing about it not coming true?

People have been telling me that 2005 will be a GoodYear. And a couple of friends were kind enough to wake me up at 4 am to wish me that. Guys, I do take it as a good sign, okay. Though 2004 passed with a lot of sadness and confusion but it’s a lesson learned. One thing I know is determination will get me everywhere I want to be. It may take me months or even years but I will get there somehow.

‘Keep my feet on the ground’ is what I will be doing this year. Some people may always take my kindness and generosity for granted but I guess I can never change that kind of people or myself. As long as I keep my feet on the ground, I’m content.

To all fellow bloggers, I am honoured to get to know you and your thoughts. Though sometimes I feel very small compared to some of you (my bad writings etc), I tell myself I am still learning. I am just an ordinary person trying to embrace life and embrace I shall. Let us all pray that the New Year will bring lots of joy and happiness in everything we do.

Amin.

No comments: