Wednesday 5 January 2005

Don't run, just take a stroll

Dearly beloved, are you listening? I can’t remember a word that you were saying. Are we demented or am I disturbed? The space that’s in between insane and insecure. Oh therapy, can you please fill the void? Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed? Nobody’s perfect and I stand accused for lack of a better word and that’s my best excuse.

---

How much more can you take before you run away? How much can we hate before we turn cynical? How much can we love before we become vulnerable?

Things that were thrown at me repeatedly. Words that I hear constantly. The same story rips my ears. Shut up! Stop hurting yourself. Just move on. So many things waiting for you. For once, forget your sorrows and take a chance. It will take you places.

Memories are just for you to grow old with. Be a cynic. Be a romantic. Be clueless. Be foolish. Be furious. I don’t care. Just be who you are. I'll give some space but I’m still beside you.

How far can you run?

No comments: