Wednesday 1 February 2006

of value II

Bored as always, (where is summer?) I surfed and read blogs.

There are some that are not worth reading. I know it's not for me to judge. Not that their contents are not worth anything, but I find that they are just not to my taste.

Except for my friends and people whom I know personally, I won't bother reading strangers whining about their lives. Some newer ones are childish (mine is too, but this is my blog so what?)

When I started blogging in late 2004, I was quite errr.. kiasu. I ping my entries to PPS just so people can come and read. I thought having a large traffic is good. Well, it was certainly good for my ego.

There were a few of the early bloggers (during my early days) that are still around, but it wasn't the same anymore. I used to visit their blogs everyday leaving comments all over the places. Then, gradually I pulled back. I have my own demons and being a quiet kinda person, I now value my privacy. I do read them once in a while except I hardly leave comments.

Let's take a look at the 'senior' blogs. These people here are fast becoming like Bill Gate, and they are worth thousands in err.. cash? There were a few more but I can't find their URLs. Deleted from blogspace, I think.

Of Snow Cones and Teh Tarik is worth $2,822.70
The Nomadic Journey - $3,387.24
Mak Andeh & Brood - $78,471.06
Me.. Writing - $5,080.86
The Gongkapas Times - $74,519.28 (defunct/hacked)
Tucing Buncit Says - $5,080.86
Throttle to the Stop - $1,129.08
Kak Teh Choc-a-Blog - $46,292.28
Dade Ghost - $1,693.62
Maine Ideas - $15,807.12
Random Journey: Musings, Rants and Reflections - $4,516.32
My Box of Chocolate - $7,339.02
Tenahcity - $35,001.48

If these bloggers pull resources together, we could have a makan besar!

No comments: