Friday 24 June 2005

of values and success

Unfortunate day for some people.Both of French Open champions are out. Justine Henin-Hardenne knocked out in first round and Rafael Nadal succumbed to the heat in Londyn. And Henman? hampeh!

Dah banyak hari dah panas macam ni. Even I also feel so belengaih today. If you dunno what belengaih means, pi tanya atenah. Dia ada kamuih org utagha. I even stayed in the cold warehouse for several minutes before finally running out of there. Gilos. Kang sakit pulak badan, kejap sejuk kejap panas. Ala, esok hujan lah tu.

The best thing is aiskrim laku macam goreng pisang panas. The not so best thing is that I have to be there again at 8:00am tomorrow. Penatlah jalan ulang alik kat dlm sana, bukannya dekat all the kiosks. Lagi satu tu lagi best tengok the game on telly.

This week I did something unthinkable. No, actually thinkable by me, but probably not by others. Kfiatek and The Hotelier laughed so hard when I told them on Monday what I did, and jokingly they said it was pathetic. I didn't know why I told them. Should have kept quiet about the whole thing. Mmm... if it's pathetic then it's pathetic lah. I don't care. I do whatever I want to please myself. If you don't like it, tough!

Sometimes, I just want to tell them to stop pretending that they are nice friends, because they are not. I mean, they are good people but when it comes to certain things, I can see the real them. They become selfish and everything must be centred around them.

Maybe I dunno how to choose friends. I feel cheated sometimes. I think I do have differently values and taste than most people. The way I look at life is somewhat weird or unexpected. Ahui was surprised when she found out about some of my views during our late night discussions.

Sometimes I get frustrated when something fall short of my expectation. Well, I do not expect them to be like me or to have the similar values but once in a while I do want people to acknowledge them.

Like Kfiatek for instance. I have known him since 2002. He knows about the no pork rules in my meal or anywhere near my food. He is nice sometimes when he offered to make dinner for the 2 of us, but he never remember the rule. He once invited me to dinner with his friends and prepared pork chop. Enough said bout that.

Yesterday, he was being selfish again. I dunno what's with him? Doesn't he listen to himself when he's talking? I do that most of the time. When I talk, I listened to what I was saying because I don't want the wrong things to come out. And that's the reason why I hardly talk these days. I prefer to listen and nod or geleng. But I guess people don't care anymore.

Bill Cosby once said 'I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try please everyone'

I guess I am doomed.

No comments: