Saturday 25 June 2005

It's finally here

It has arrived!

But first, I am sad to say that I have to work today. This is an early morning posting from the office as I am about to leave with ice cream van.

At 7:07 am on this day in one Tiger year, I was born. It wasn't so long ago, when I was playing polis sentri and galah panjang. It felt like yesterday, I just climbed the pokok jambu in the compound and had eaten the jambu together with its seeds.

Sometimes, I feel that I am still a child, trapped in an adult's body. Eager to see everything like a toddler let loose. So many toys to play with, and when I have grown to the current size, there are so many ceruk rantau I want to go. People always say that curiosity kills the cat. In this instance, I hope not.

Mmm... I was born restless. Mak once told me that I didn't even wait for the bidan to come. She felt the pain and me kicking, so Bapak went to get the bidan only to come back and find I was out and busy crying. Uwuaaaa...

The time has passed so fast that when I woke up this morning, it feels weird. The truth is it has been a while since I last celebrate it. Nothing fantastic about 25 June, just a nice date I think (good numbers to bet), but I did received two 'electrocakes' (my nephew's word) and ada candles and balloons lagi.

Yesterday, when I met The Mentor, I mentioned to her about it. She asked what my plan is for Saturday, you know, whether I will treat myself with fancy stuffs or go for a nice dinner. You have to look at her face when I told her I'd be working. Heh!

crestfallen. disappointed. pity.

Aiyo... I told you already lah boss 2 months ago that I wanted off, and you said ok to me since you'd do the job with Si and Am. But you never remembered also. Takkan lah I have to remind you all the time and me being myself, I hate to nag or ask for something like this. Tapi takpe lah, at least I got extra money. Boleh save and balik can belanja kekawan kat Msia, kan?

Err... you know what? The unthinkable thing that I did was buying flowers. No. Let me rephrase. I sent myself flowers. After a considerable amount of time wasted thinking about it, I decided I deserved it. And guess what? I am happy that I did that, cos the flowers make me smile and they remind me of the beautiful life I have.

No comments: