Friday 20 October 2006

of hide and seek

Sekarang dah pukul 6 pagi tau! One whole night I couldn't sleep. It was all because of you. Isshh... tension sungguh aku dengan budak sekor ni.

I heard about you from other tenants, but I just never thought you would come to me.

At first, I just heard the noises you're making. You never showed your face. You must be scared of me and that's why you don't want to see me, do you?

I tried looking for you, but you just went quiet all of a sudden. I wonder why.

I know there's a cafe downstairs, I guess that must be the reason you have become an illegal tenant, just like your other mates. You don't pay rent. You steal the food. You sleep in our rooms. Dah la tak keje, makan pun nak bersuap ke?

For the last 2 months, I was pretty ok on my own until a few days ago when I had my suspicion that you have invaded my privacy. Can't you just leave me alone?

This morning, I noticed you managed to steal serunding daging. It's going to be raya soon, you silly bugger. Now I don't have serunding to eat with my ketupat. How inconsiderate of you! Thank goodness I still have another packet of serunding to keep me going, but I made sure that is hidden from you.

Over the last few hours, I noticed you have become a little bit daring. You finally showed your face to me. Eh, hello? You're just a little fella. I'm bigger and stronger you know. I will get you this time.

Being hungry makes one become more aggressive and determined. Well, guess what, buddy? I am determined too. Berperang lah kita. You will not be allowed in my place ever again. By hook or by crook I will kick your sorry ass out. I just can't stand you rummaging my place and leaving shits behind. I'm not your maid.

If you want food, go get them at the shops on the street. I'm not a charity. I know you're hungry, but that doesn't entitled you to abuse my place. I saw you running up the steps looking for my serunding. You think I'd leave it there again? Bodoh!

I heard you trying to steal what's left inside the tesco plastic bags. When I called out for you, you stayed hidden. But you can't fool me. I saw you jumping down when you heard me rising from my bed. I opened the door and told you to leave, but you're so stubborn. When you ran, I wanted to smash you so hard with the newspaper that I had in my hand. Lucky you I missed.

But the hunger pang is so strong that you can't afford to stay hidden. When you think it was safe, you slowly came out again. It was like playing hide and seek. I wish I have a baseball bat so that I can hit you so hard that your head just crack. Biar pecah berderai.

I'm not that heartless so I'm going to give you another chance to go quietly. I'd leave the food outside the door and you can eat your heart out. Just don't come back inside. You're not welcome here.

Hey little fella, get lost! If you're still not out from my place by tomorrow night, I'm gonna trap you. Mati kau, tikus!

No comments: