Wednesday 18 October 2006

of scoop and semak

Finally, I'm finished with the event for this year. Last weekend I took a van to Battle for the re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings that changed the course of English history when William the Conqueror defeated King Harold of England.

Apparently it was such a big event that I was so damn busy I didn't even have time to look up at the battles on the showground. I was worried that I might run out of ice cream, which I did. So the next day, I had to call for backups. I asked Mr. C to deliver the stocks and I begged The Black Widow to work with me. Thank goodness for them!

Since the Black Widow was quite slow scooping the ice cream, I told her to be the cashier. Big mistake! To me anyway, cos by the end of the day I felt my arms macam nak terlucut. We sold 900 cones and 700 tubs!

Got back home rather late since the traffic was horrendous with cars driving out of Battle, and even after we got home I could not rest just yet because I had to wait for the parking space to clear out for my van. What a day!

While we were waiting in the Black Widow's room, she showed me some pictures. One of them being a picture of a special function and everyone had to wear 'protocol' costume. No offense to our baju kurung, but when I saw that photo I told her it looks so semak.

I think it's the different patterns of the kurung that makes the photo jadi semak and berserabut.

Engkau tu yang semak, she said to me. Heheheh...

Just look at some of your office photos and you know what I mean. These days, I prefer simple kosong pattern rather than the berbunga2 one. But when raya comes, I haven't got any baju kurung with me at all. Not that I will wear it anyway.

I remember going to a friend's wedding last Nov in KL wearing my jeans. Nobody said anything, but I did feel slightly uncomfortable since I was on my own. None of my other friends turned up. Hmmmmm... I promise I will not go to a wedding alone again. Never!

Anyway, I didn't realise that raya is on the weekend. I was planning to go out on a date with that Gentleguy from work so I had to cancel the date, again. We have been planning for the first date like forever! Entahlah... macam takde rezeki je.

Apa nak buat? Tunggu and lihat je lah.

No comments: