Friday 9 June 2006

minat (or minah) bola

So, World Cup is now upon us. Everywhere I go, I will see that famous St. George’s flag. In cars, on the doors, on the roof (I kid you not), on the windows, and basically anywhere I turn my head lah. I have one next to my mirror, plus I have my gnome!

It’s good that I’m cheering for Becks and gang. But since I’m a freak, I will try to watch other interesting matches. I could be the worst football commentator alive, for I know nought about it. I just love watching men sepaking the bola around. Ain't it beautiful? Ahakss.

But aiyo this Saturday I work maaaaah… how lor? Boss, can give time off ah?

My favourites would be, of course England, Brasil (cos ada mamat jongang cute tu), and Netherlands. I love the spirit of the Oranje!

Today we see a couple of Group A clashes with the hosts Germany taking on Costa Rica, and Poland squaring off against Ecuador. Here’s my predictions of the outcome of these two games.

Germany 2 Costa Rica 0 Ger 4 CR 2 (betul la tu 2 gol diff :)
Poland 2 Ecuador 1 Pol 0 Ecu 2 (aik! pedah jadi?)


Group B predictions:

England 2 Paraguay 1 Eng 1 Par 0
Sweden 2 Trinidad & Tobago 0 Swe 0 T&T 0

No comments: