Tuesday 6 June 2006

bila madu menjadi bitter

I'm in the mood to write and relate stuff with peribahasa.

Some peribahasa can be used in a broad manner and nowadays, anything goes what!

A good friend of mine told me that I have been too soft hearted and too nice to people. It's time, she said, to be selfish and think more about myself.

Quote. Tapi satu je hang kena ingat, buat baik berpada-pada. You have done quite a lot for X. But X has not proven his/her worth to you yet (except making you laugh la...). Of course kalau kita tolong orang tu, kita kena ikhlas, tapi kena ingat jugak, bila hari kita sampai nanti, adakah dia akan buat the same thing for us. It's ok to be a bit more selfish. Unquote.

My friend forced me to see it from her point of view, and The Mentor has been saying the same thing to me over and over again. I agree with them. Totally. Dah ramai orang dok pijak kepala ni. Yet, I cannot turn away when people ask me, can I? It would be rude.

I am a very emotional lass, and I came fully loaded with goodness ie macam cream and butter (ni masuk bakul naik lif) I may act tough, acuh tak acuh and independent, but I still remember my manner. My mother's school of thought.

Last night, as I was dozzing off I had some flashings in my head. My brain was telling me that I have been discarded from someone's life. After getting all one wanted from me, I'm no longer of any use to that person. You know, like the saying, habis madu sepah dibuang.

Fine. I wish the person a good life.

No comments: