Monday 26 June 2006

A few firsts

Thank you for all of you who wished me well on my birthday. Today really mean something for me because this is the first time in 4 years I didn't have to work on my birthday.

It has been a really good weekend I have to say.

It started on Friday evening when The Mentor and I were chatting and she asked what I wanted for my birthday. I jokingly said a ride on a hot air balloon, and without hesitating, she asked me to book it. That made me a little emotional because I could not believe what I heard and it shows that she does really care and though I work for her, she always treats me like family. I couldn't ask for a better boss.

The balloon ride, if I ever went on it, would probably be one of the best gifts I ever received and it could be my first and only experience.

Plus I got to enter the Buckingham Palace Garden. Even though it was for work, but hey, how many of us get that kind of chance?

Then it was the lunch organised by Kakteh, Jane & co. The tomyam steamboat was out of this world. This was the first time in my life having a steamboat and I like it a lot. It was a feast fit for a princess! Hehehe. And later a surprised cake, obviously the boy on the cake is Becks scoring for England, which he did today!

This morning I didn't have any breakfast simply because nak simpan perut for Kakteh's special mee bandung. At least I managed to jaga my manner and not slurp the gravy like one really hungry woman. Kalau boleh tu sampai nak hirup kuah lah! :)

Later, I went out to Leicester Square to meet up Kfiatek and Agata, and was greeted with a celebration by the England fans as we win against Ecuador. Those who said to leave the skipper out, you must be joking me!

K & A said they had a surprise for me. Apparently, there was another first for me, again, as we went up the London Eye a while later and had nice views of all of London.

To top it all, we had a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant with fantastic food, good music and great company. Ahhhh...

Thank you everyone but you have to excuse me now, as I have to take a break and give my stomach a little rest. Thank God birthday only comes once a year!

No comments: