Friday 7 April 2006

of mirror image

It's very tiring driving around the country in the heat. Yes, it's getting very warm in the last few days. In fact, just being in the flat makes me feel like I am in Africa. It doesn't help that the rest of the occupants actually like the warmth. I would love to sleep in the nude, but since it's not possible, I resort to opening the door at night.

On Tuesday, I was in Whitby Abbey near Scarborough and spent the night in Peterlee. The next day, I was sent running around in Yorkshire meeting a few people. I was about to drive to Nottingham when I got a call from The Mentor telling me to go home because the office has messed up thing.

Ah well. I was quite happy to go home.

Yesterday, I met The Mentor at the office, discussing about our events for this season. Starting from next weekend until the end of August, I will be working almost every weekend. It's too bad that even on my birthday I have to work. Sigh.

Last night, after I left the office, she rang me and asked to stop at services for dinner with her. It has been awhile since I last had a long chat so I agreed to it. I kinda miss talking to her. She can really boost my spirit. Not many people can have a good relationship with their boss, but to me, she is also a friend.

Sometimes I think that she is the older version of me. She led a double lives, trying to fit herself in two worlds. But on the other hand, she doesn't give a damn about what people think, and she believes that one should have the freedom to do as what one pleases. That's what I like about her and I guess that's why we bonded.

It's quite spooky knowing people who actually echo my path. I have spoken to her about what she's been through and there were times I felt like we were of mirror image in terms of our experience, except she didn't have the freedom that I have. And it's even spookier (ada ke word ni) when I see someone younger trailling behind, taking almost the same path that I took.

Many a times I thought about the life and the people back home. Somehow, it's affecting the choices I have, making life more confusing. Will I be able to fit into the life I think I want to have?

Mary J. Blige, in an interview at Radio 1, said 'Life is not about holding yourself in a storm, but running around in the rain'.

No comments: