Thursday 4 November 2004

Gucci loafers with holes

THE MORON IS NOW A FUCKING BLOODY OXYMORON. A LEGITIMATE BASTARD WITH A BRAIN OF A SHOE.

Driving home from Cambridge and laughing at Radio One silly joke about Senator Kerry calling a Job Centre in Sunderland looking for a job since he can't be a President, it was quite comforting to know we can still laugh at small things even if the world is in an uproar.

Somehow I was thinking, surely this feeling couldn't last and sure enough some stupid idiot had to text Scott Mills with one question, who is Paul McCartney?

To say I was stunned is an understatement. I may not be crazy over The Beattles but I know these guys with the funny haircut back then. Who doesn't? We all knew the crazed they created with our mothers' generation or how huge of a success they tasted. They were also in the list of BBC 100 Great Britons but wait a minute.. here was a Brit chap who dared ask such question. Duh!?

How ironic because it was only last night my flatmate, M came home and started to ramble about stupid people asking stupid questions. Apparently he and his colleagues were talking about the new EU countries when someone asked, "Is there such country as Hungary?" After a long discussion with him, M concluded that Britain is full with ignorant idiots and then off he went to bed.

It may be unfair to make such bold conclusion yet I cannot help but think of other similar incidents my mates and I have experienced. Back in the old days when I was living in MO, some average working class American had the gut to ask me whether we Malaysians still live on trees. At another time, my other flatmate told me that she was asked whether Poland is in Europe and that person swear he thought Poland is in Asia. This came out of a 40-year old man, for goodness sake! And the same chap thought Argentina would be included in the EU!

Oh my God, why on earth do I have to share the breathing space with these morons? Try asking them where Chad is and I am sure they'll have a blank face. I may have made sweeping generalisation in my comments but at least I know for sure that we learn the world geography in our teens and can tell the difference between an Asian and a European country for that matter.

Once in a while, I get all worked out over such comments when I know I shouldn't. Let them be stupid, why should I care? I can't be bothered with these pitiful rednecks, who are happy to wait on tables or work as prison guards and come home to watch football, drink three pints, watch ball games on Sundays and ended up betting on Fearless James at Epsom Derby and don't give a shit about the rest of the world!

No comments: