Saturday 2 July 2005

cerita panaasss!

Yes, I got your email.

Ahem ahem…Now I know what you’ve been doing behind my back, huh? So, you want to korek rahsia aah? *wink wink*

I thought you have taken a step further? These days, everytime I tried calling you and him, both phones were busy sokmo. Now, don’t go telling me you haven’t got anyone to date anymore.

Ok. Let me tell you, the readers, a different story, other than her clumsiness with ice cream.The intro.

When I was in the States a few years back, I got a huge crush on a cousin of mine. He used to live in Houston, Texas. His mom is anak to my mom’s pakcik punya anak sedara (essh betul lah kot.. hentam saja lah, janji sedara) Long long time ago, his mom jauh hati with her brothers and family because of harta peninggalan pusaka.

She was a teacher, and she met my uncle Charles when he came to Msia for foreign exchange program at her school. To make the story short, they got married and moved to Texas. I never met her, but I heard lotsa stories bout them. So, in Fall 1996, I went to meet the whole family.

The aunt was so happy to meet me that she hugged me nonstop, and uncle was so unlike abrasive american men I saw on telly. My jaw dropped when I first saw my cousin. Manyak hensem ooohh. Gentleman somemore, and everytime I talked to him my heart would go thump thump thunmp… but after a few months, I forgot about him and moved on to Tom Cruise (that was when he was charming with ‘You complete me’ bullshit).

But there was no way I was gonna lose contact with Bard Lawrence, that’s what we called him. Nama penuh rahsia ya :) Over the years, after a few heartbreaks and career change, we managed to keep in touch and update each other with the tales of our life.

He’s been back to Msia a few times to visit his mom’s kampong, and being the kind soul that he is (eh eh… match made in heaven no?), he patches things up with the families.

Background
Mmm... Let’s see. He’s 5’11, lives in NYC and he has nice beard trimmed to perfection. Kalau tengok his face lama lama, cair ooh. As I remember, his bulu mata are long and very lentik one. Now, at 39 and a successful banker, he’s still single and to his mother’s horror, he seemed to avoid real relationship.

From his stories, I noticed there are always some faults with his previous gfs. Too American, too demure, too aggressive, too nice, too loud, and too quiet and the list go on and on and on. Sampai mak dia pening.

Current Affairs
This is where I came in. Hahahaa… makcik nak play matchmaker kan, so I got this brilliant idea like few months ago. Nyeeh..nyeeh nyeh.. I wanted to get one recently single ‘not so nice Malay girl’ (oii, jgn marah yek, that’s your own words what :) to get together with Bard.

She said tak ready. He said tak kuasa.

She said too far. He said giler ke apa.

She said ask Bah. He said talk to Ma!

Ak eleh! Main tarik tali pulak.

After much cajoling and pleading and sweet-talking (penat tau!), he emailed her and it seems like she responded well. Woohooo.. suka nye hati saya! After that, of course I faded into the background, as they took off in a jumbo jet.

Heehe.. kasi chan lah kan, mana tau nanti kita jadi sedara, kan kan kan? But don’t worry, people may know you but they don’t know him. Unless they kidnap me and ask him to pay ransom.

So, that’s how it started. These days, if you called her, and she’s not answering, paham paham sendiri laa… She might be under her duvet, talking to someone in NYC.Heheh... kak, how deep have you fallen?

No comments: