Wednesday 27 October 2004

Bi-curious

Sexual orientation puzzles me the most. For the record, I have nothing against homosexuality. I have friends who are gay and happy with their choices, and I have friends who think they may be gay but not quite sure. Thinking about this, I might belong to one of these groups (the not-quite-sure one) :) Well, women in this century are being offered more choices each day. The old fashioned men are fast disappearing (though there are some still lurking around if you're lucky), more men are becoming soft and less macho, more women look like Alex Parks and truthfully, women need women to understand themselves. And vice versa. Oh for f**k sake! Can't you blame a woman if she desires and wants to sleep with Angelina Jolie, voted the sexiest woman on earth. She's a goddess!

In almost every tabloid, you'll see a lot of ads offering or looking for people to satisfy the bi-curious minded. So maybe you'll decide to take the plunge and join them. Went out for a date and 2 hours later, tangled between the sheets. Once may not be enough to decide on your sexuality. So, here goes another attempt and another. With the ever-increasing number of bi-curious, when do they become a Full Blown Lesbian or Gay? Once can be written off as to satisfy the curiosity, twice just checking, but what about when you're getting into double and triple figures? When do you stop and decide that you had enough? Maybe it's addictive and you can never had enough. Or blame it all down to the late-night Bacardi Breezer-fuelled liaisons. Do you feel any guilt?

I don't have the answer and even if I do, I might not have the correct one. It's very subjective. A friend asked me a few questions just to check whether I'm a lesbian, straight or still in the stage of bi-curious after a few frantic text messages to her.

1. Who do you fancy most, Brad Pitt or Jennifer Aniston? BP as I don't think Aniston is that gorgeous.

2. Do you like Indiana Jones or Boys Don't Cry? Goodness me, BDC is a very good movie, how can that be a decider?

3. Do you want to sleep with every woman you see? No, only Jolie and D. Barrymore. (added Nov 9th 2005: Jacinta Barret, Charlize Theron)

So, she concluded that I am free of my fear. Because according to her, every man and woman wants to sleep with Jolie and Barrymore and that I'm a nutcase to think that JA is not gorgeous since all other women envy her for snapping BP. I rest my case for now.

No comments: