Wednesday 21 February 2007

hands off my baby!

The time has passed so fast it’s almost the end of February. Man!

I spoke to JackJack, or rather she baby-talked with me on the phone. Geramnya! Normally she would just hum to the phone, but this was the first time she actually wanted to talk. She turned two in December but oh how she’s grown in the last few months.

Talking about babies, CJ told me her plan to adopt but her hubby didn't agree to it. She was told that there’s someone in Narathiwat wanting to give away her child in return for RM8K. What comes to my mind is maybe the Thai mother lives in poverty, and in need of money to support the other family members.

But the truth is I don’t think she would be getting all the money. Anyone can guess that agent probably make more money out of this transaction. Let's say 1K is for the admin processing paperwork bla bla bla, the agent will take half of what's left and only then she gets the rest. For the poor the money might seem like a lot, but for me it seems like giving the child away for pittance. That bloody agent gets a lot for something he doesn’t deserve.

Ah well, what do I know? I don’t have children. I may not understand what the mother may be feeling. But I do know that there is no way for me to pay just 3K for a baby. Not the right price for a fortune we call life. And I cannot imagine being separated from my own child :(

No comments: