Saturday 23 December 2006

The Wedding Part One

It has been awhile since I last updated the blog after I reached Msia. Up until the 8th of Dec., everything was ok and things went smoothly.

As PS was waiting for the chocolates for the hantaran, CJ and I went straight to Muar the evening after I arrived. Her sisters were anxious and worried that they might have less hantaran if we didn’t get there on time. Nevertheless, we were on time and even managed to check in at the hotel before heading to her house.

She was in the middle of majlis berinai when we got there and she looked absolutely glowing. The atmosphere was very lively, (and noisy) with the karaoke session and the children running around. There was one makcik who kept singing nonstop until we laughed because of her garau voice. At other times, her voice changed to become so halus and high pitched! At least she was cool about it and not ashamed to be singing in public. Kalau I, sure malu punya. Ahaks... nyanyi dlm bathroom aje lah.

At the same time we helped PS’s sister to arrange the last hantaran, the above-said chocolates. Since she wasn't able to move her fingers and grab a handful of chocs, she asked that we hid some for her to eat later. Heh! Some thing never changed.

The next morning we got there quite early since we wanted to be there for the akad. The groom and his family members arrived almost at 10am when we were already at the surau. Amboi! Masa akad suara the groom, I heard, was very slow and soft. Tahan nafas kot?

I told CJ to take pictures of PS as soon as the akad finished, and we caught the funniest expression on her face. We thought she would be ‘terharu’ instead she was ecstatic and secretly clapping her hands, probably in seventh heaven already. Ish ish ish… tak senonoh sungguh kawanku ni.

Before I came home, I made an agreement with Brian that he was to be our photographer so that CJ and I could just enjoy the day, lepaking and meeting friends. Unfortunately, he didn’t turn up since he had an urgent family matter. Dang! But I guess we managed to take some excellent shots, which unfortunately can’t be displayed here.

I’ve never seen PS looking so different. The woman I’ve known for almost 12 years always seemed very youthful, naive and innocent, but on that day I can say that the bride looked extremely exquisite in her green outfit. CJ said she looked a bit like Kyra whateverhernameis the actress.

Whatever it is, I am very happy for her to have met her Ace.

No comments: